Each month, I set aside time to reflect on the previous month: memorable moments, lessons I learned, how I spent my time, how I’m different, who/what I’m grateful for, improvements for next month, and goals to work toward. I try to be intentional in my personal development, and posting each month is a way to keep me accountable (as a nice reminder, it’s also built into my favorite planner 😉 ).
THREE LESSONS I LEARNED:
- Don’t let yourself get down in the dumps because of things you CAN control. When I start to feel down, it usually means I’ve been staying inside too much and I’m overdue for an adventure. For me, action is the fastest way to cure the “blah.”
- Family is way more important than my teenage self realized. My parents always said friends will come and go, but that my sisters will be there forever. Thankfully I also have some friends I think will stick around for the long haul, but it has been so refreshing to come home and spend time with my family (both old and new!) — especially with all the holidays!
- Don’t hold your emotions to a timeline. With all the change happening in my life lately, some days are great. And others are emotionally overwhelming. In the midst of that chaos, I’m learning to be okay with whatever I’m feeling that day.
Top 3 Highlights:
- Celebrated Christmas with both my families 🎄.
- Got a taste of Europe at Philly’s Christmas Village ❤️.
- Reconnected with lots of friends 🙌🏼.
Rest. Reset. Restore.
What big lessons have you learned over the past month? Share in the comments below!