“Sometimes, you have to look back in order to understand the things that lie ahead.”
― Yvonne Woon
Each month, I set aside time to reflect on the previous month: memorable moments, lessons I learned, how I spent my time, how I’m different, who/what I’m grateful for, improvements for next month, and goals to work toward. I try to be intentional in my personal development, and posting each month is a way to keep me accountable (it’s also built into my favorite planner, which is a nice reminder 😉 ).
THREE LESSONS I LEARNED THIS PAST MONTH:
- Pursue what you actually want to do and don’t let yourself get stuck in a rut just because that rut is comfortable. An opportunity recently came up at work for training in a field I’ve been interested in getting into. So I took it. Cause why not?
- Ever since I was a kid, I’ve loved strong, kickass women and naturally gravitated toward those sort of movies and books. I never consciously realized that until recently in talking to my fiancé — it was just normal for me. That’s one of the reasons I was super excited for the new Wonder Woman movie. Girls need positive role models who aren’t fluffy characters, but rather self-reliant, badass ladies.
- It’s easy to get caught up in our own perspective. But healthy relationships require you to seek out the other’s perspective. People need to feel like they are heard in order to be open to listen to what you have to say.
Top 3* Highlights of the month:
- Paid off my debt! No more car or student loan payment 🤑.
- Spent a weekend with Joe — it was quick, but every moment is valuable.
- Booked my ticked to Italy ✈️. In less than three weeks I’ll be peacing out✌🏼.
*and my lovely friends and family threw a surprise bridal shower for me! It was so sweet and perfect 😊.
What big lessons have you learned over the past month? Share in the comments below!