“Sometimes, you have to look back in order to understand the things that lie ahead.”
― Yvonne Woon
Each month, I set aside time to reflect on the previous month: memorable moments, lessons I learned, how I spent my time, how I’m different, who/what I’m grateful for, improvements for next month, and goals to work toward. I try to be intentional in my personal development, and posting each month is a way to keep me accountable (it’s also built into my favorite planner, which is a nice reminder 😉 ).
THREE LESSONS I LEARNED THIS PAST MONTH:
- If you want something, you can’t wait on others to do it for you. Just go get it! The early bird gets the worm, right? Don’t just wait around for something to happen. Go make it happen.
- Social media only shows a sliver of “real” life. If you looked at my Instagram right now, it probably looks pretty glamorous — and don’t get me wrong, there are lots of parts of my life that are. But Instagram doesn’t show the daily up and downs, the isolation, the insomnia, the boredom. You can never really know what another is going through.
- Traveling can get really hectic — that’s why one of my favorite things to do in a new city is to just wander around. To see what the city has to offer. To stop whenever something looks cool and catches my eye. And to eat a lot of gelato. 😍
Top 3 Highlights of the month:
- Tried 11 gelato flavors so far 🍦
- Visited my former coworker in his hometown in Spain! 🇪🇸
- Explored Slovenia with Joe 🇸🇮
What big lessons have you learned over the past month? Share in the comments below!