Each month, I set aside time to reflect on the previous month: memorable moments, lessons I learned, how I spent my time, how I’m different, who/what I’m grateful for, improvements for next month, and goals to work toward. I try to be intentional in my personal development, and posting each month is a way to keep me accountable (as a nice reminder, it’s also built into my favorite planner 😉 ).
Three Lessons I Learned:
- Say yes — and you’ll figure it out afterwards ~ Tina Fey. It is always tempting to stay inside your comfort zone. But you never know what kind of crazy experiences you’ll have by saying yes!
- Have a plan, but don’t get too attached to it. Lots of traveling means I’m constantly exploring new cities. I always try to do some research first to make sure I don’t miss any “must see’s.” But allowing interruptions or veering off course can make a trip so much more memorable.
- Family matters. It was so awesome to have more family visit this month! And a great opportunity for them to get to know Joe better. Regardless of where we all end up, I know I can always count on family being a constant. ❤
Top 3 Highlights:
- Visited Lake Lugano and checked Switzerland off my list.
- Celebrated Carnivale in Venice with my parents and sister.
- Snowboarded in the Austrian Alps.
Sometimes the fear won’t go away, so you’ll have to do it afraid.
What big lessons have you learned over the past month? Share in the comments below!