“Sometimes, you have to look back in order to understand the things that lie ahead.”
― Yvonne Woon
Each month, I set aside time to reflect on the previous month: memorable moments, lessons I learned, how I spent my time, how I’m different, who/what I’m grateful for, improvements for next month, and goals to work toward. I try to be intentional in my personal development, and posting each month is a way to keep me accountable (it’s also built into my favorite planner, which is a nice reminder 😉 ).
THREE LESSONS I LEARNED THIS PAST MONTH:
- You don’t always need to get your way. While yes, I believe we all have things we should never compromise on, in relationships and friendships, compromise can be a healthy tool. And both people should be willing to work towards it, not just one.
- Speak up for yourself. (Most likely) People can’t read your mind. How are they going to know what you want if you don’t tell them? Why would they assume otherwise? It’s not selfish to voice your opinions. If you have good friends, they’ll want to hear anyways.
- “You can do anything, but not everything.” That was a needed reminder this month. In order to meet your goals or honor your values, sometimes you have to let go of other things. You can’t do it all at once.
Top 3 Highlights of the month:
- Went snowboarding for the first (and last) time all year. 🏂
- Paid off my car 🙌🏼.
- Finally got to see my boyfriend after 8 months. 🙃
What big lessons have you learned over the past month? Share in the comments below!