“Sometimes, you have to look back in order to understand the things that lie ahead.”
― Yvonne Woon
Each month, I set aside time to reflect on the previous month: memorable moments, lessons I learned, how I spent my time, how I’m different, who/what I’m grateful for, improvements for next month, and goals to work toward. I try to be intentional in my personal development, and posting each month is a way to keep me accountable (it’s also built into my favorite planner, which is a nice reminder 😉 ).
THREE LESSONS I LEARNED THIS PAST MONTH:
- Try new things! I have the personal motto to “try everything at least once” (within reason!), and that was put to use on my honeymoon. We tried lots of new (and sometimes gross) foods and new experiences — and it was all worth it! Live in a way that you won’t have regrets.
- Traveling can be exhausting. There is always so much to see and do in a place you’ve never been before. I may have some overachiever tendencies and want to try to see it all. But sometimes you just need to chill by the pool or take a break to read or journal.
- Take advantage of the time you have. I have a lot of free time over here in Italy since I don’t (can’t) have a job. So, I’ve decided to take some online classes as well as local Italian classes. Not to mention play tour guide for all the family I have coming to visit 😉.
Top 3 Highlights of the Month:
- Played with elephants in Thailand! 🐘
- Explored ancient history in Greece 🇬🇷
- Dressed up for Oktoberfest in Munich 🍻
What big lessons have you learned over the past month? Share in the comments below!