Each month, I set aside time to reflect on the previous month: memorable moments, lessons I learned, how I spent my time, how I’m different, who/what I’m grateful for, improvements for next month, and goals to work toward. I try to be intentional in my personal development, and posting each month is a way to keep me accountable (as a nice reminder, it’s also built into my favorite planner 😉 ).
Three Lessons I Learned:
- Nature is the best therapy! I’ve spent a lot of time in the mountains this month, and it’s oh so good for the soul. Being outside with the fresh air always lifts my spirits. I wish I could stay forever.
- The early bird really does get the worm — at least when it comes to traveling and hiking! One of the coolest experiences I’ve had here was waking up for a sunrise hike. We had the mountains all to ourself. How often does that happen?!
- Say yes, especially if it puts you outside your comfort zone. I got the chance to sub a new class at the gym that I’ve never taught before. Definitely outside my normal yoga classes. And it was a ton of fun!
Top 3 Highlights:
- Saw the Last Supper in Milan.
- Spent the night in a rifugio (twice!).
- Hiked my first via ferrata.
Never lose your sense of wonder.
What big lessons have you learned over the past month? Share in the comments below!
2 Comments Add yours
Hi Kayle, It seems like a long time ago we were in Sicily! It was such a wonderful trip! I’m glad you got to see the Last Supper. That’s quite the experience getting dusted off in the rooms before entering. I’ll be seeing Jessie this weekend, yay! Lynda >
Yes it does seem like forever ago! Such good memories. The Last Supper was totally worth the wait! Tell Jessie I say hi!